Monday, March 1, 2010

One more...

Just a quick post before heading out to explore the city...

I did this layout for the monthly assignment for Made With Love and also the 7 Gypsies Challenge (using the gorgeous 7 Gypsies stamps that I won from the lovely ladies there - thanks so much, love them all).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
supplies used include:
cardstock: american crafts, pattern papers: 7 gypsies, stamp: 7 gypsies, vintage ephemera: 7 gypsies, ink: tim holtz (brushed corduroy & frayed burlap), mist: tattered angels (iridescent gold) and maya road (brown), embossing powder: american crafts (clear), flowers: prima, pins: maya road, buttons, alphas: american crafts and twine: shabby green door

Techniques used for the cards:
  • Cut rectangluar pieces of white cardstock with dimensions of 2.5" x 3.5"; total of 6 pieces were used.
  • Then select your favorite stamps (which just happens to be all of them); I inked the stamp with versa mark and sprinkle clear embossing powder from American Crafts to create the images.
  • After applying the embossing powder, I used the heat gun to seal the images and then with baby wipes applied the distressed inks over the images. I used Tim Holtz distress ink - Brushed Corduroy & Frayed Burlap colors.
  • Then after allowing the ink to dry abit, I sprayed Tattered Angels Iridescent gold mist over the cards to give it that shimmer metalic look.
thanks for stopping everyone... and now, off to do some sight seeing. so excited as this is my first visit to australia!

11 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE that layout so much! I am a big fan of your work, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I love it!!! Thanks for the tips!!!! Have A great Trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing work! Enjoy ur holiday girl! and great work for the class too... hope to see u soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. utterly stunning, saw this on 7G's site, so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, love how you use the stamps! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!! I love each work that you made, only inspiration for me!!! Congrats, this one it's WOW!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, wow WOW, this is sooo incredible Piradee!! Looove this so much - you are such an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh... I just have to say "WOW" to this LO, simply love it to bits! Love how all the stampings fit into the LO with the photos, without being too crowded!

    ReplyDelete