Saturday, September 18, 2010

summer in barcelona

...was a blast! the wedding was amazing with a stunning view of the la pedrera and abit of the sagrada familia and the weather was just perfect. It wasn't tooo hot and every now and then there was a refreshing breeze flowing through. our short stay in barcelona was just perfect too - for the first time ever we weren't trying to see everything or visit the top 10 must see (partially because this wasn't the first time that we were there) and actually had time to just hang around and do nothing (with a glass of wine and a gorgeous view).

there was however one place that I wanted to visit again - parc guell - and would do it again and again. I just can't get over the amazing architecture and those houses are so adorable and the lovely tiles and how they just sparkle in the sunlight....

Photobucket

and here's alittle something that I created to capture that moment... and yes, it was one really sunny day too! I wanted to do something simple for this layout, but still couldn't resist cutting out those sun designs from the fancy pants papers...

Photobucket

and I also tried to kept the colors constrained on the layout - reds on reds, yellow on yellow. Initially when I did this, I wasn't sure if the objects would show up, but really like the final outcome whereby you can add/layer items but still have an overall simple look.... (or so I think)

Photobucket
supplies used include:
cardstock: american crafts; pattern paper: fancy pants; chipboard bird: maya road; mist: tattered angels; stickers: crate paper and basic grey; chipboard alphas: the girls paperie; buttons: jenni bowlin; edge punch: martha stewart.

thanks for stopping by and all the wonderful comments (yes, I'm back...lol). Also could I get your help on something.... how would you describe my scrapbooking style? Recently I've been asked this question and honestly, I don't know...

and guess what I saw on 2peas (Sept 22nd): thanks everyone for your support!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful and hip, Piradee. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HHHmmmm, describing someone's style is so hard, describing your own style is even harder I think!
    Maybe I would say your style is 'clean and classy with an arty-edge!'
    Love the tone on tone look you've created on this layout. Beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Piradee! love yhour layout and photos!
    i would say your style is kind of "vintage graphic",or "graphic vintage" !! i don't know!! clean lines but with a free twist! not easy to describe a style! yes , and i agree with natalie about the "arty" twist too!
    good luck for that !! and thank you for sharing your expereince in barcelona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the tone on tone idea too !

    & apparently your style could be described as "modern vintage".
    If not then clean & simple with a twist of modern vintage . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout! The colors are just perfect. It highlighted the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Piradee.. i always adore your layout.. everytime there's a twist in it.. =)
    it is definitely hard to describe the style.. from my pov, you have a touch of 'everything' in your LOs.. =)
    so to describe it, i would have to agree also with what Natalie says, it is clean and classy BUT definitely it has an arty-edge. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tone on tone look here! I am terrible at describing my own style, let alone yours! I agree with what the others have said - clean and simple with an edge. And I like Pearl's description of "modern vintage". It doesn't matter though - I try not to get caught up in defining my own style. It varies so much from layout to layout, that I have given up trying to define it LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flowers. Super cute and definitely a technique I am going to try!

    ReplyDelete