Friday, April 1, 2011

guesting for once upon a sketch...

I'm still in denial that April is finally here (and oops missed a few datelines as I thought I still had a few more days till April...lol), but at the same time - so excited to share that I'm guesting for Once Upon A Sketch this month and they have just gone live with their very FIRST sketch challenge!!! wooot!!! a big shout out and congrats to Nadia Cannizzo on your new adventure (a super fun sketch challenge blog) and a bigger thanks for this amazing opportunity (and to be your first guest designer)!!!

and here's my take on the sketch provided and the challenge of including a handwritten journaling. I have to admit, I usually don't journal that much on my layouts - I guess it might be because I'm never really sure of what/how to write it or whether if it would fit into the overall design of the layout. and this was the perfect challenge for that first step...


Photobucket


also using my studio calico kit (from Feb - Candy Shoppe) - I just adore all the fun and bright colors in this collection and especially those exclusive Crate Papers!!!


Photobucket


Also feeling that its been a while that I have used my mist (well especially the other colors)... and therefore, lets add a bit here and there... and making use of a new stamp set that I just bought - manufactured by lawn fawn - the super fun and usefully banner stamp set (the cute little bird is also part of the same stamp set).


Photobucket


and in case you missed these at MWL - Maya Road has come out with kraft tags!! oh yes, I got loads of them... and last but not least... my take on the journaling part of the challenge, capturing my take on London (part 1 - there's more to come).


Photobucket


A big thanks everyone for stopping by and especially for all the wonderful comments - its wonderful to meet everyone (and will definitely be stopping by to say hi too). And a happy weekend everyone!!!

(also a quick note to let everyone know that I have just mailed out the prizes and ladies - be on the look out for your keychains with a little something extra *wink*)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. wow your work is totally awesome . there is something quite magical about your pages .... stunning..

    thanks for being our first GD on once upon a sketch we are all soooo excited to be on this wonderful journey ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is totally an amazing layout.. love it! love the photo! thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete